Apr 8, 2013

Less yapping, more embroidering!

It´s finished! And by it I mean the felt embroidering I started here. Pattern of embroidering changed a bit along the way when I found a volume of an old Finnish crafting magazine (Omin käsin) from flea market. Magazines were from the year 1938 and one of them contained a great felt embroidery pattern (below). Lucky me!


To duplicate the pattern from the magazine I needed some  tissue paper. You can also use parching paper or some other see through paper.


Then I cut out the pattern and pinned it to a piece of felt. Felt is easier to cut with small and sharp scissors.


I did some "sketching" to find a place for every piece.


 When all the flowers and leaves had found their place I pinned them to the sweater. The flowers were easily attached by stitching. With every stich I slipped a yellow seed bead to the thread.


Then it was time for the leaves and stems. They are attached the same way as the flowers.


 And voilá!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, I love it! Makes me want to try something like this as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s great! You definitely should! If you do, send me a picture and I will post it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love it!

    flashbacksummer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete